Hyacinth's Honey-Ginger Pork Chops
- 8 medium pork chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican All Purpose Seasoning -- optional
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (habañero) -- optional
- salt and pepper -- to taste
Preparation Time: 6 hours
- 1 ounce ginger root -- finely grated
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Pickapepper sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
Season pork chops with garlic powder, allspice, soy sauce, all purpose seasoning and pepper. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least three hours. The all purpose seasoning and soy are both salty, so additional salt may be unnecessary.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put pork chops in a shallow baking pan and bake for about 1½ hours, turning once or twice.
While chops are cooking, make the sauce.
To Make the Sauce:
Rinse any ginger from grater with the ½ cup water. Add honey, Pickapepper and ketchup to ginger liquid and mix well. Spoon and spread the sauce over pork chops and bake for ½ hour more.