Silver Sands Things to Do
Approximately 40 minutes east of Montego Bay, the Silver Sands Resort in the picturesque town of Duncans is a gated residential and resort community. Silver Sands is a combination of luxurious residences and beach cabins and boasts one of the most beautiful beaches in Jamaica. The fine silvery sand, the spectacular colors of the Caribbean make this one of the favorite resorts for both visitors and the many Jamaicans who have residences there. Set on 234 acres amongst palm trees, bougainvillea and poinsettia, Silver Sands Resort is situated along 3000 feet of a powdery, white sand beach. All of our Silver Sands villas are within close walking distance to the beach and Club House. Silver Sands beach has daily lifeguard, Terrace Bar, Beach Grill, tennis courts, disco, commissary and gift shop. There are lounge chairs, deck chairs and tables with sun shades so you can relax and enjoy the scenery, or have a drink or bite to eat. This is probably the best place in Jamaica for surfing. For the golfers, there are 5 championship caliber courses within 30 minutes of Silver Sands.
View all Silver Sands villas
- Silver Sands Beach - fantastic white sand beach.
- Dunn's River Falls, Ocho Rios - enjoy a guided climb up the world-famous falls.
- Dolphin Cove, Ocho Rios - great fun for all the family! Swim with the dolphins: one of the premier attractions in Jamaica.
- Golf - at the beautiful SuperClubs - Grand Lido Braco.
- Mystic Mountain - Jamaica’s newest tourist attraction, Mystic Mountain (Rain Forest Bobsled Jamaica at Mystic Mountain), Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This new attraction comes to Jamaica courtesy of Rain Forest Aerial Tram, a nature-loving company that already operates similar outfits in Costa Rica, St. Lucia, and Dominica.
- Chukka Cove, Runaway Bay - a full equestrian complex, offering everything from polo to trail rides. They also offer mountain bike tours and river tubing.
- Green Grotto Caves, Discovery Bay - take an underground tour through these historic caves with a crystal-clear lake at the bottom located between Discovery and Runaway Bays. The first Jamaicans, the Arawak Indians (Tainos) found shelter in the caves initially. Proof of this is evident in the multiple fragments of pottery and adzes that are unearthed from time to time. During the period of take-over by the English, the caves were used as a hideout for the Spaniards who were being driven out of the country.
- Glistening Waters - deep sea fishing (Silver Sands, Duncans).
- Silver Sands Commissary
- Duncans - small grocery store
- Montego Bay - a full service grocery store is at the Blue Diamond Shopping Center.
- Island Village - is the newest shopping and entertainment complex in Ocho Rios, featuring a variety of stores, restaurants, night life and a movie theater.
- Taj Mahal - offers dozens of stores selling jewelry, clothing, souvenirs, cigars and other items.
- Ocean Village - in the center of town offers a variety of stores, banks and restaurants.