Villa Folly, a beautiful four bedroom home, sits on 3 acres of open lawns planted with specimen trees and commands a dramatic view of the Caribbean Sea with Montego Bay in the distance. Upon entering the Villa you are welcomed into a radiant garden courtyard. Covered walkways alongside sunlit inner gardens extend to the three Villa bedrooms, all with ocean views. The bar, which the owners call the study, has a desk with telephones, a daybed and a full bath, which can be used as a powder room or second bath for the master suite.
Separate, but conveniently close to the main villa, is a master bedroom cottage, sheltered by a large ficus tree, with a sunny view of shade-dappled lawn, the pool and the ocean. Both the Villa and Cottage master bedrooms have king-size beds; however, all four bedrooms can be pre-requested for either twin or king-size bed sleeping arrangements. Cottage and Villa master bedrooms, as well as the living-room, have cable television and internet service. All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms, ceiling fans and effective cross ventilation of ocean and landward breezes. For those who love a good read there is an ample selection of books, many brought by authors who have been our guests.
Situated on Barnes Hill Road, Villa Folly is one of Tryalls original homes and has been owned and nurtured by only two families. The Main House has the warm charm of a Casita as it is built on one level around flower-filled inner gardens, through which humming birds and yellow banana quits come and go. One of the gardens has a small Moorish fountain, and there is a reflecting pool in the entry courtyard. All combine to create the relaxed intimacy of home and an indoor-outdoor freedom of spirit. It is easy to step from the living room, which is open on four sides, to swim in the heated pool or take in the exhilarating view over the golf course and the sea.
Tennis courts and Great House amenities are within easy walking proximity. The golf course and ocean beach are easily reached on foot, by golf cart or Tryall resort buses, but Villa Follys elevation, foliage, and ocean exposure ensure a sense of blissful seclusion that is often difficult to leave.
The large living room is open on four sides with louvers and sliding glass door, has television and internet access.
Villa Folly has been visited by noted authors of fiction and political and theater history, who have treasured the space to work if they wish, who have brought gifts of books to add to the owner's own collection.
Comfort, of course begins, with the warmth courtesy and good cheer of the five members of the staff, Chef and Head-of-House, Chambermaid/waitress, Laundress, and two gardeners.
Chef Judith Bowen's way with local, produce, fish and chicken is superb, Her lobster and chicken stir fry and her curries are popular favorites. She understands special dietary needs, such as gluten-free cooking. Breakfast is served on the lawn. You might want to ask for 'bammy' instead of toast in the morning, or breadfruit in season.
Each bedroom features television and en-suite bathroom (no a/c in bedrooms)
-Bedroom 1 - Master Bedroom 1, has optional twin or king size bed, en-suite bathroom and ceiling fan.
-Bedroom 2 - Master Bedroom 2, has optional twin or king size bed, en-suite bathroom and ceiling fan.
-Bedroom 3 - has optional twin or king size bed, en-suite bathroom and ceiling fan.
-Bedroom 4 - has optional twin or king size bed, en-suite bathroom and ceiling fan.
- beautiful 4 bedroom, 4 bath villa at the exclusive Tryall Club
- optionally heated swimming pool
- staff of 5, including butler
- bar/study with day bad and full bath
- TV and stereo system
- 2 complimentary golf carts for transportation throughout the Tryall resort
- full staff: chef, butler, housekeeper, laundress and 2 gardeners,
Tryall Membership Inclusions
Tryall Membership offers excellent facilities on its 2200 acre Resort. Conde Nast places Tryall Club on its Gold List as one of the best places to stay in the world.
- Tryall's Golf Course measuring 6,221-yards, par 72 course is considered to be the finest in the Caribbean and is the pride of Jamaica. It attracts the game's leading players and prestigious international events including the Johnnie Walker World Championships, Mazda Champions, Jamaica Classic and Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. This world class golf course boast hillside and seaside fairways. In-house greens fees offered to the villa's guests.
- 24/7 security
- Complimentary shuttles transport guests from the villa's front door to all locations within the resort
- Large swimming pool at Great House
- White sandy private beach
- Waiter Service on beach, serving drinks/food from beach bar
- Beauty salon, massages, reflexology treatments
- Hobie Cat Sailing and Sunfish sailing are complimentary
- Sea Kayaks which accommodate up to three people are also available at the beach.
- Snorkels, masks and flippers are provided. Take a leisurely swim to the coral reef just 100 yards off this private beach
- Tryall's watersport center can arrange for all your diving needs as well as opportunities for water-skiing and tubing. Fees may apply.
- Gym for workout at Fitness Centre
- Jogging and hiking trails
- Complimentary internet room
- Historic Great House with bar, boutiques, art gallery, fax facilities
- Enjoy Afternoon Teas at the Great House
- Great House Restaurant for continental and Jamaican dining if you wish to dine away from the villa, with its outdoor terrace.
- Play tennis on 7 Nova Cushion courts, which are lit for night play and 4 Brand New Clay Courts.
- A well-stocked pro-shop, with an international pro, a highly-skilled team of teaching assistants and ball boys, holds regular clinics and hosts weekly tournaments.
- Kids Club, will keep the kids happy. Children are entertained, cared for and close at hand. The Kids' Club offers daily activities which make full use of Tryall's amenities and the expansive grounds of the estate.
- Friendly, caring and professional babysitters are available for hire for a few hours or full-time service.