Point of View is located on the highest point at Tryall Club 400 feet above sea level. With its breathtaking views of the Caribbean, lush surrounding mountains and gentle breezes, this peaceful and secluded villa is the ideal setting for total relaxation. An all-over renovation recently closed the villa for two years. The result is a beautiful blend of 18th and 19th Century Colonial furnishings in tasteful harmony with this 21st Century transformation. Remarkable are the natural cut stone floors, custom etched so they are actually cool and soft under foot. Bedroom floors are gleaming wide-plank mahogany complementing Chippendale, Queen Anne and Regency furnishings.
The living and dining areas are announced by a shared triple archway and sophisticated mahogany furniture. The Great Room consists of two beautifully decorated and spacious seating areas. It includes a large flat screen television, DVD and sound system. A step outside leads to the roomy veranda overlooking the pool and Caribbean. The veranda is ideal for more intimate dining and easy relaxation.
There are many surprises at Point of View; bird cages amidst flower borders, parrots, an herb garden that tastes every bit as good as it looks and a gazebo. Except this is not a normal gazebo. Slightly oriental in its graceful lines and with a conversation-inducing circular dining table, it is cantilevered out over the cliff so as to offer a panorama of falling and soaring valleys, distant ocean and trees and flowers. At dusk the gazebo has a great view of the setting sun and at night it is lit overhead by stars and by the flickering of flames in the nearby fire pit. No description of Point of View would be complete without mentioning the wonderful silence of the place. Many hours of the day, the only sounds are songbirds and the wind rustling through the coconut palms. If escape and quiet are what you are looking for, this is the right place.
Each bedroom features remote control air conditioning, ceiling fans, safes and en-suite bathrooms.
West Wing-Bedroom 1 - Master 1 - 765 -square-foot suite, king bed. Outdoor shower and a free-standing white porcelain bath positioned right in front of a wall that can be opened revealing the valley below.
-Bedroom 2 - 375-square-foot suite, with twin beds.
-Bedroom 3 - 360-square-foot suite, with queen bed.
East Wing-Bedroom 4 - Master 2 - 500 square-foot suite, with king bed
-Bedroom 5 - 375 sq foot suite with queen bed.
Private Retreat-Bedroom 6 - Private bedroom retreat approached along a gently descending garden pathway. Enter, fling back the floor-to-ceiling louvered doors, lie back on the bed and simply stare out across the emerald green valley.
For the business-minded, Point of View features an office, complete with a fax machine. The villa offers many options for leisure time. The private swimming pool with its dramatic edge finished in hand-cut antique brick is the perfect place for days of easy living. For the fitness conscious, an exercise room features a Versa climber and health max weight machines. With your comfort in mind, there is stereo surround sound available throughout the villa.
Point of View is pleased to provide its guests with the use of four complimentary golf carts. Your experienced and friendly staff of ten will ensure the perfect retreat. They include a welcoming team of two butlers, cook, security officer, two housekeepers, laundress and three gardeners.
- 6-bedroom/6-bathroom private villa at the exclusive Tryall Club
- Heated salt water (chlorine-free) pool, 25’ x 45’
- Cable TV in the living room and upon request in the bedrooms
- Four golf carts
- child friendly, nannies available
- High speed internet access
- IP telephone for free US/Canada calls
- Full staff comprising of butler, cook, maid, laundress, gardener and assistant gardener
Tryall Membership Inclusions
Tryall Membership offers excellent facilities on its 2200 acre Resort. Conde Nast places Tryall Club on its Gold List as one of the best places to stay in the world.
- Tryall's Golf Course measuring 6,221-yards, par 72 course is considered to be the finest in the Caribbean and is the pride of Jamaica. It attracts the game's leading players and prestigious international events including the Johnnie Walker World Championships, Mazda Champions, Jamaica Classic and Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. This world class golf course boast hillside and seaside fairways. In-house greens fees offered to the villa's guests.
- 24/7 security
- Complimentary shuttles transport guests from the villa's front door to all locations within the resort
- Large swimming pool at Great House
- White sandy private beach
- Waiter Service on beach, serving drinks/food from beach bar
- Beauty salon, massages, reflexology treatments
- Hobie Cat Sailing and Sunfish sailing are complimentary
- Sea Kayaks which accommodate up to three people are also available at the beach.
- Snorkels, masks and flippers are provided. Take a leisurely swim to the coral reef just 100 yards off this private beach
- Tryall's watersport center can arrange for all your diving needs as well as opportunities for water-skiing and tubing. Fees may apply.
- Gym for workout at Fitness Centre
- Jogging and hiking trails
- Complimentary internet room
- Historic Great House with bar, boutiques, art gallery, fax facilities
- Enjoy Afternoon Teas at the Great House
- Great House Restaurant for continental and Jamaican dining if you wish to dine away from the villa, with its outdoor terrace.
- Play tennis on 7 Nova Cushion courts, which are lit for night play and 4 Brand New Clay Courts.
- A well-stocked pro-shop, with an international pro, a highly-skilled team of teaching assistants and ball boys, holds regular clinics and hosts weekly tournaments.
- Kids Club, will keep the kids happy. Children are entertained, cared for and close at hand. The Kids' Club offers daily activities which make full use of Tryall's amenities and the expansive grounds of the estate.
- Friendly, caring and professional babysitters are available for hire for a few hours or full-time service.