Found at the far eastern end of Country Club Drive, bordering the ocean and surrounded by a very large beautifully mature garden is a very special home. And this is a home in the true sense of the word as it is one of the very first villas to be built at the Tryall Club and has remained in the same family ever since. When the owners came to first visit the land, as they turned to walk away from the ocean a white owl was sitting staring on the bough of a tree and so it was only natural that their home should be called White Owl.
If you dream of staying awhile in a beachfront cottage where the waves lap the shoreline, the trade winds blow and the sea and sky constantly shift from one shade of blue to another then this will not disappoint and you may well feel that you have found your utopia. Inherently Jamaican in its spirit and through the colorful works of art that adorn the walls which include paintings and sculptures of owls, the interior style is a celebration of tropical family life with white painted furniture, hand- stenciled pieces, soft- hued fabrics and books to read. The lofty living room is the core of the house with doors that open up on all sides to allow the sea air to flow through and the painted furniture is arranged to provide several seating areas. At the ocean end of the room, doors lead out to a very pretty veranda which flows around the outside of the room, arranged with white rattan chairs to relax in, tables for drinks, a dining area and the swimming pool close by. The beach and sea are just steps away as is the rolling expanse of garden to the right. The private 200 foot long pier is a splendid attribute and there are numerous spaces along the wide private shorefront upon which to dine, sit quietly and read, practice yoga or recline and await the green flash as the sun disappears over the horizon.
White Owl has three large bedrooms and a smaller 4th bedroom each with a flat screen television. All are air-conditioned and have ceiling fans, apart from the smaller bedroom which only has a ceiling fan. You will more often than not find that by being so close to the sea that the ceiling fan is sufficient together with the ocean breeze. Pleasing pastel colors, white painted and wicker furniture and interesting paintings and objects ensure that each room has its own particular character. The extremely large master bedroom faces both the ocean and the gardens with doors leading out to the sea. The high conical ceiling and graceful window are reminiscent of a classical Jamaican Great House. The en suite bathroom has a shower and a separate bath tub. The second, equally spacious guest bedroom has a king size-bed and opens to face the swimming pool and sea; the third bedroom has twin beds which can be made into a king and the fourth smaller bedroom has two twin beds which can also be turned into a king. All have en suite bathrooms with a bath/shower combination.
All bedrooms have air conditioning (except 4th bedroom), ceiling fans and private bathrooms.
Bedroom 1 Master Bedroom with King bed
Bedroom 2 Twin beds or King
Bedroom 3 Twin beds or King
Bedroom 4 Twin beds or King
The experienced staff includes some who have served White Owl for over twenty years, bringing a warmth, and knowledge of Jamaica as well as the Tryall Club. The chef is known for inspired home cooking using herbs, leaves and vegetables grown in the garden.
- 4 bedroom, 4 1/2 bath waterfront villa at the exclusiveTryall Club
- small private beach
- solar heated pool
- child friendly
- full staff: cook, housekeeper, gardener, laundress
- two complimentary golf carts
Tryall Membership offers excellent facilities on its 2200 acre Resort. Conde Nast places Tryall Club on its Gold List as one of the best places to stay in the world.
- Tryall's Golf Course measuring 6,221-yards, par 72 course is considered to be the finest in the Caribbean and is the pride of Jamaica. It attracts the game's leading players and prestigious international events including the Johnnie Walker World Championships, Mazda Champions, Jamaica Classic and Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. This world class golf course boast hillside and seaside fairways. In-house greens fees offered to the villa's guests.
- 24/7 security
- Complimentary shuttles transport guests from the villa's front door to all locations within the resort
- Large swimming pool at Great House
- White sandy private beach
- Waiter Service on beach, serving drinks/food from beach bar
- Beauty salon, massages, reflexology treatments
- Hobie Cat Sailing and Sunfish sailing are complimentary
- Sea Kayaks which accommodate up to three people are also available at the beach.
- Snorkels, masks and flippers are provided. Take a leisurely swim to the coral reef just 100 yards off this private beach
- Tryall's watersport center can arrange for all your diving needs as well as opportunities for water-skiing and tubing. Fees may apply.
- Gym for workout at Fitness Centre
- Jogging and hiking trails
- Complimentary internet room
- Historic Great House with bar, boutiques, art gallery, fax facilities
- Enjoy Afternoon Teas at the Great House
- Great House Restaurant for continental and Jamaican dining if you wish to dine away from the villa, with its outdoor terrace.
- Play tennis on 7 Nova Cushion courts, which are lit for night play and 4 Brand New Clay Courts.
- A well-stocked pro-shop, with an international pro, a highly-skilled team of teaching assistants and ball boys, holds regular clinics and hosts weekly tournaments.
- Kids Club, will keep the kids happy. Children are entertained, cared for and close at hand. The Kids' Club offers daily activities which make full use of Tryall's amenities and the expansive grounds of the estate.
- Friendly, caring and professional babysitters are available for hire for a few hours or full-time service.